Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Reversible Wristlet

I know it's been a while since I updated, but for being a break I have been pretty busy.  I have been working, but having my share of fun as well.  I just finished making a reversible wristlet.  Check it out:

Reversible Wristlet
Front of bag
The pocket on the front of the bag was not originally intentional, however after sewing the bottom of the bag together and then flipping it inside out to see how it looked the fabric had perfectly fell into the shape of a pocket.  So it seemed fitting to add a button and make it official.  The pocket is a perfect size for something like an ID card.

Reversible Wristlet
Detail of pocket and button
I sewed the green button on using gold thread.


Reversible Wristlet
Detail of top of bag

I took red sewing thread and used a box stitch around the top of the bag to secure the fabric in place over the knitted bag.  I then sewed a small green button on the top to hold the top of the bag together.  I also took the red thread and tied it several times around the base of the wrist band not only as decoration, but to strongly secure the loop onto the bag as well.

Reversible Wristlet
Back of bag

Reversible Wristlet
Inside view of bag

The bag has a lot of room for essential things.  It is perfect for id cards, credit cards and money.  It also has enough elasticity and room to hold all those things as well as my digital camera, my phone, and a chapstick if I so wish.

Reversible Wristlet
Other side of bag
I knitted the reverse side of the bag using the loom.  I have never made a bag before and I didn't look up how to do it.  I just tried something and it ended up working.  The wristband I braided by taking the end of the string that was left from knitting it on the loom and making a series of slip knots on the single string to create a braid.

Reversible Wristlet
Front view with button

Reversible Wristlet
Detail of button
The button works well on both the plaid side as well as the cream knitted side.  I think overall it came out well and I can use it for many occasions.  Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment