Sunday, January 2, 2011

Finished Another Scarf!

Remember that scarf I was working on for my mom?  Well I finally finished it... took more than a year, but I got it done.  I knitted it on size 13 knitting needles.  I realized after finishing it that I hate using knitting needles and I'm probably going to stick to using a loom from now on, because not only is it easier, but it's ten times faster, more precise, and for me easier to fix when I mess up.  Anyway here are some images of the finished project.

Purple and Green Scarf
Full image of finished scarf

Purple and Green Scarf
Close up on tassels

Purple and Screen Scarf
Close up on tassels and part of scarf
I am very happy with how it turned out.  Let me know if you like it.  The tassels were a pain to do, because I had to make so many of them.  I created them by taking a piece of folded cardboard and then wrapping the two coloured yarns around the cardboard three times and then cutting them on the open part of the cardboard to create a 6 stringed tassel.  I then used a small piece of either purple or green yarn to tie the tassels in the center where they fold and then used the two ends of the knot to tie into the end of the scarf.  I had to make about 28 groups of tassels.  I probably didn't explain that process very well, but I learned part of it by watching the YouTube video, Make It Mine Magazine - Make a Tassel. Instead of creating a head at the top of the tassel, I made them without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment