Monday, November 7, 2011

Sad Little Men - Samuel Bennett

I think it's important to showcase the impressive work of my peers,  especially those who I have known for as long as Sam Bennett.

Last week I had the pleasure of watching Samuel Aaron Bennett's newest film on YouTube.  A short film called Sad Little Men.  I set my expectations high, as I have always been a fan of his work and knew going into it that I would enjoy it.  Sad Little Men was utterly brilliant.  The cinematography was absolutely stunning and the score was beautifully written.  Now I am no film connoisseur, but I can tell when something just looks and sounds "right." Everything technical about the film to me was perfect.  My only complaint was the length. The story felt rushed and I think it needed to unfold in a more gradual manner.  It was in no doubt compelling, but in my opinion this film could have easily been a full length motion picture.  I thought the story was so vast to be crammed into such a short timeline.  Anyway, I am sure there are several reasons for this and regardless the film is definitely worth watching.  Sam Bennett is an incredible writer, director, and composer.  So if you haven't had the chance to see any of Sam's work yet, take a look now and make sure you check out his other work on his YouTube channel:

Sad Little Men
Directed, Written, Scored, Shot & Edited by Samuel Aaron Bennett.
Starring Jason Ralph & Will Whatley.
Sound Design by Brian Crimmins.
Produced by Dylan Steinberg.

*View the film in 1080p for the best quality*

No comments:

Post a Comment